[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 16:04:38 CDT 2002

On June 24, James Lockwood wrote:
> I enjoy debate.  I do not enjoy advocacy.  If I wanted to hear advocacy, I
> could go to Linuxworld wearing my "Microsoft: #1 in UNIX" t-shirt (yes,
> they were the largest Unix installed base at one point in time).

  I know better than to argue with you, James.  In fact, I agree with
most of your points.

  However, I rather strongly resent your suggesting that I'm "saying la
la la and hoping x86 will go away".  Like you, I'm a professional in
this field, and like you, I'm paid for my opinions and my experience
because they don't steer people wrong.

  Why is any anti-x86 sentiment labeled "advocacy"?

          -Dave