[rescue] HP Envizex II X-Terminal Software

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 15:36:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 16:23, Michael Dombrowski wrote:
> Anybody out there have the software to run a HP Envizex II X-
> Terminal? I don't think it's downloadable from HP's site but I'm not
> sure and Googling turns up very little.

Argh.  That makes my brain pee.  It's not like X terminals are whiz bang
bleeding edge pieces of hardware.  But terminal manufacturers keep a
tighter lid on their software than on seemingly far more valuable
products.

I ended up inheriting some old X terminals, thought they would be great
if I remounted the guts into a lunchbox with an LCD in the lid to make
it more portable.  No such luck, the vendor wanted to charge like $800
per terminal for the software.