[rescue] back to needing an U1 cpu fan :-( need source

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 24 15:33:29 CDT 2002

> called this am, and things were looking good, til "Reggie"
> called who said he had just spoken to a "Senior Engineer"
> who has apparently declared FCO #A0089-1 obsolete and no
> longer in effect :-(

Very bizarre.  I just got the two U1/200E motherboards for
our two systems this AM...I can only guess that Sun's
trying to pinch pennies, and there aren't many "real"
(paying/under service contract) customers who are still
calling in for the FCO.  It's still not a classy way for
them to handle things--right up there with the new
Red! Yellow! Blue! Sun! Barf! color scheme.

  --Rip