[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jun 24 14:06:50 CDT 2002

> i've just upgraded to a dual-195, it's sweet.  multitasking has just gotten
> tons faster.  and now i can use mozilla and xmms at the same time. ;)
>
> TRAMs.  ugh.  why do they have to be so damn expensive.  i've also upgraded my
> main display from SI to SSI, so now if i want TRAM on that head (and i do) it's
> going to cost me twice as much.
>
> although at a geometry performance level, BSFlag went from 37FPS to 75FPS.
>
> and i still suck at it.  ;)

Gah!  I though I had the studliest gen-1 Octane here - not anymore :)

How's that SSI treating you?  Have you tried the 1600x1200 display
setting yet?

I still suck at BZFag, but it's just too damn much fun.  I'll wager that
I am the suckiest sucker that ever sucked at BZFlag - good thing I'm
never out to prove anything.  I hope to find a couple TRAMs after I sell
this house - if I can convince Karin that money spent on TRAMs is more
important than money in the bank.  After that, I'll still suck at
BZFlag, but it'll be damn pretty to look at.  And quake should run
pretty damn well, too...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com