[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 13:17:44 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 01:44:01PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I've gotta find a dual 195Mhz module for this octane some day - along
> with a couple TRAMs...

i've just upgraded to a dual-195, it's sweet.  multitasking has just gotten
tons faster.  and now i can use mozilla and xmms at the same time. ;)

TRAMs.  ugh.  why do they have to be so damn expensive.  i've also upgraded my
main display from SI to SSI, so now if i want TRAM on that head (and i do) it's
going to cost me twice as much.

although at a geometry performance level, BSFlag went from 37FPS to 75FPS.

and i still suck at it.  ;)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --