[rescue] Asterisk PBX (WAS) SMP on intel wasteful?

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Mon Jun 24 13:52:34 CDT 2002

> ~ On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Fogg, James wrote:
> ~ > When you push linux/intel to the limits you push it righ
> ~ off the table.
> ~
> ~ *grumble* asterisk *grumble* linuxisms *grumble* telephone server
> ~ *grumble* reliability? *grumble*.
> ~
>
> Dude! You used Asterisk in a real environment?? Tell me more. How well did
> it work, what did you use for phones and how did you connect to the telco?

Asterisk is the shit, man.  I'm not running it in a full blown
"production" environment, but here at home its running as a phone
answering system and call forwarding system.  I'm also routing some long
distance and toll free calls over iaxtel network.

Asterisk is getting ready to be the centerpiece of an h323 softswitch I'm
developing to replace some $9000/4 port Siemens gear.