[rescue] It Figures...

Navan Carson navan at netlinkers.net
Mon Jun 24 13:27:57 CDT 2002

> >From where?  I can't get to a full-featured shell from the install
media.
> I could pull the disk and put it in another machine and hack it from
there,
> but that's not the point.  The installer USED to do the right thing.
>
> George

You are mistaken in your belief that dangerously dedicated is the "right
thing".

The option is NOT gone, but hidden to protect users who don't know the
difference between
the PC BIOS and DOS.  It is undocumented, but covered extensively in the
mailing lists.

It has been over one year since 4.3-R.  That is a very long time to be
angry, but I think
name calling is beneath you.  It is a shame that so many had to witness
your stumble.

Navan