[rescue] cheapness..

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jun 24 12:42:03 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D Boyd [mailto:jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu]

> We have enough spare equipment floating around (thanks to the sucky
economy)
> that every single WinTel user in my office has at least a PIII, 1Mhz,
768mb
> RAM system on their desk.  I've got my pick o' "low end" systems for
> "testing" purposes.

How in the world did you manage to clock a PIII that low?

Well, I figured if overclockers cool their processors DOWN to rev up their
boxes, then putting them in a sauna would clock them all way, way low ...
the hard part was getting the scripts running to dump water over the hot
rocks at _just_ the right time.

BrianD