computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 11:24:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 10:48, George Adkins wrote:

> Heh, then you'll just looove this...
> Several places in the Washington DC metropolitan area have traffic lights
> equipped with lenses which _deliberately_ make it impossible to see what
> color the light is until you are within 150 feet (~50m) or so of them.

That's what I was talking about.  We had those in NC and also in PA and
they were quite dangerous, IMHO.  Can't tell you how many times I had to
slam on the brakes because you couldn't see the red light until you were
like 100 or so feet away from it. Not smart of them when the speed limit
is 55mph (about 100kph IIRC)