[rescue] cheapness..

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Mon Jun 24 10:06:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Scott Newell wrote:

> If I lose an IPX to the evil workplace and really want/need another, I'm
> sure someone on the list will offer a replacement for a decent price.
> Actually, I'd probably just leave it with 'em...less trouble, and the
> contents of the drive are far more valuable than the hardware.
>
> However, I'm not gonna lose my tools, toolbox, multimeters, power supplies,
> or other test equipment.  No way, no how.

That's sort of the attitude I take on it - the boxen I have here aren't
anything I couldn't afford to lose.  However, if they pissed me off I'd
take 'em with me.  My boxen are here to help *me* do my job easier.
I would never leave any of my expensive tools here either.  Shoot, I can't
lay my PEN down around here and find it 10 minutes later.  Things that
aren't tied down grow legs quickly.

--
-Linc Fessenden