[rescue] Noise levels

Kevin Lee kevin at elbonia.org
Mon Jun 24 10:57:07 CDT 2002

NOW THATS A REAL WINTER......brrrr...

k.
----- Original Message -----
From: "George Adkins" <george at webbastard.org>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [rescue] Noise levels

> > that will take 3 days of defrosting outside.  Now that is a winter.
> >
> > Where I spent a lot of time in Canada it was routinely -44-58 C in the
> > winter.
> >
> > Everyone plugs their car in. Otherwise IT WILL NOT START.
>
> Y'all don't have heated garages?  My sister lives in Alaska and it seems
> to be more common to have heated garages than engine block heaters.
> Then again, it doesn't quite reach -44-58 C where she lives.

I grew up in a little town in Alaska  (Moose Creek, about 15 Mi outside of
North Pole, AK) and we had very few heated garages in the area.  Pretty much
everybody plugged in their car.  our deep-winter temps were usually around
-55 to -68 F, occasionally as cold as -78 F  (Winter of '89 comes to mind).

George