[rescue] It Figures...

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Jun 23 19:26:26 CDT 2002

Guess what..

In spite of requests to the contrary, the 'Worthless Bastards(c)' over at
FreeBSD have left the installer "Broken Again" as they have since 4.3.

Yet again, you cannot install to the disk without creating an MS-Dos
partition space at the beginning of the disk, and suffering through the
idiotic misery of nine-mile-long device names.

Okay, perhaps not nine miles long, but I grow progressively more tired of
having to hack each progressive release in order to get rid of the Stupid
L**** style dos-compatibility partitioning scheme so that I can get back to a
good old 'sd0[a-h]' style slice names.

If I wanted some dumbass 'fake disk slice pointing to an MS-DOS extended
partition table entry' I'd just install Dead-Rat or Plebian.

</rant>

I think I'm just going to give up of FreeBSD and put up with NetBSD on Intel.

George