[rescue] U1 fan FCO question

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Sat Jun 22 16:43:43 CDT 2002

Thanks for pointing out where to look on Sun's web site. The correct links
just weren't there earlier during the day when they were updating.

Now, I have a new problem. The web site and phone service both have told
me that my serial number is not valid. The machine has the same serial
number listed both on the back (next to the power supply) and on a sticker
on the bottom.

I plan to call again on Monday, but does anybody have any ideas on why the
serial number would not be on record? Is it likely to be a problem in
getting support?

-- Eric Johnson

If you can count your money,
    you don't have a billion dollars.

    -- J. Paul Getty

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \