[rescue] fans fans fans...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jun 22 11:29:41 CDT 2002

> Very few of those individuals can grasp the notion that the Pickup is not
> the idea vehichle for racing, nor does it have terribly useful handling
> characteristics -- that rear-end is awful light, and unless you have
> anti-sway bars installed....

Yeahboy.  A pickup truck pushes going into a corner, and is loose off -
most stock pickups perform horribly in terms of manuverability.  That's
fine, I never pretend my truck is a Honda Civic - It's a big truck.  Not
much can be done on solid-axle pickups, even with anti-sway bars it
still handles like a giant vehicle.  Anti-sway bars help body lean and
roll, but stiffen up the suspension (at least in my experience) so that
moderate bumps in the road can cause pretty severe axle-hop.  If you
don't know how to react to axle-hop, you're fucked.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com