[rescue] FREE complete mono Sun 3/60 system (Austin pickup preferred)

Brian Robison brobison at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jun 19 01:17:39 CDT 2002

Hi there--

How glad I am to've found this list!

I have a complete Sun 3/60 monochrome system, in decent condition, that I'm
never going to do anything with.  It is FREE to anyone who will pick it up in
Austin, TX (US) and give it a good home.

Here's what I have (from least- to most-broken):

3/60 proper, 8MB, seems to work fine
external SCSI drive (120MB?), seems to work fine
type 3 keyboard, missing ESC keycap, but works fine
optical mouse (with pad), seems to be blind in one eye, but couldn't find the
  xdm-type executable to see how well it worked
19" 540-1062 monochrome monitor, somewhat broken.  Until it warms up, it more
  or less displays noise.  Upon warming, the display is offset about 60% to the
  right, eventually wrapping around to the left side.  Intuitively, I suspect
  the right person could fix it by a good whack with the soldering iron.

I doubt it's worth shipping, given the weight and unknown prospects, so if
you're outside the area, this isn't the Sun you're looking for.  Move along.

If you're interested, email me at this address, brobison at ecst.csuchico.edu.

thanks
Brian