[rescue] fans fans fans...

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Jun 21 11:13:13 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 12:05, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> A minimum task for a beginner should be to install linux, and
> extremely customize the startup scripts, desktop environment, and
> kernel drivers.  There should be nothing left except what you actually
> use.

Instead of tearing down, would it not be more constructive to build it
up?

In other words, take a barebones *NIX like OpenBSD and add to it only
what you need.

BTW - I worked for a l33t DSP design shop in Chapel Hill.  I think we
hired one guy from UNC-CH and he was a software guy.  All the hardcore
hardware guys were from NCSU and d00k.