[rescue] fans fans fans...

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 21 10:45:32 CDT 2002

Sounds like water cooling (common in previous generation mainframes, still
used some). It wasn't usually water, it was glycol or something else to
prevent corrosion, and it was often part of the facility air conditioning
system (in IBM/Liebert land anyways). Even with cooling they didn't make the
liquid cold, they usually ran it at 70+ degrees to avoid condensation. I
don't understand PC-modders (identifiable by the neon lights in their custom
painted computers) who use electro-thermo thingys or refridgeration for
cooling as that would cause condensation water drips.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751