[rescue] home "server rooms"

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 20 15:49:10 CDT 2002

on 6/20/02 4:30 PM, Kurt Mosiejczuk at kurt at csh.rit.edu wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
>> But why in the world do you have to take a drivers ed class to get
>> your license?
>
> I recall when I lived in Massachusettes, that you could get your
> license at 16 1/2 if you had drivers education, but 17 otherwise.

They changed the law from 15-learners and 16-license to 15.5-learners and
16.5-license... effective 12 days after my 15th birthday last year, so I am
grandfathered in. :)

> So it may be an earliness thing.

Apparently you have to have the driver's ed course before you get the
license here. The school offers it, but I neglected to take P.E(the class
they give it in) in order to take Computer Science and Microelectronics. So
I am taking P.E. in summer school, and it won't be til next summer that I
get to take the driver's ed part unless I pay $200 to get it privately.

--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III