[rescue] Multia UDB

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Jun 20 12:12:23 CDT 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I have three in need of repair, but I have the parts ready.

Heat death, or other issues?

> The only problem is I long ago scavanged their RAM and disks and I've
> been unable to scrounge up any decent amount of replacement RAM for
> them.  Unfortunately I have almost zero dollars in my budget for
> repopulating them -- at least not until I've got a commercial reason to
> have alphas running at home along with the sparcs and i386 boxes....

It's in my best interest to get the boxes up and running -- one has 152MB
of RAM and the other 64MB. That's a bit of RAM tied up in `dinky' boxes.

Sadly, none of my PCs know what to do with 64MB SIMMs. Most of them are
cheap crap and top out at 128MB or so (like the machine I'm on).