[rescue] Sun U1 FC for CPU fan (was quiet SPARCstation)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 19 21:50:39 CDT 2002

Bill already answered your first question, but

> Second question, does the returned motherboard have to be
> in working condition?

I can't believe that they're going to test it, but if
it's obviously/grossly broken then they would likely
complain.  If the CPU overheated and fried the motherboard,
though, then I would expect them to accept it...since that
was what the FC was designed to prevent.

Actually now that I took a look at worklogs and such,
I didn't send my old motherboard back for about a
month--and they did finally have someone call me and leave
a voice mail asking nicely for me to complete the
transaction.  I would guess that Sun therefore *do*
care that they actually get an old motherboard back...

  --Rip