computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Wed Jun 19 12:18:35 CDT 2002

I cannot (repeat) CANNOT work for more than an hour under flourescent
lighting.  I get bad headaches because I'm one of those freaks of nature
that can actually see the shimmering.  Sitting in my office at work is
like a bad acid trip sometimes.  I've been this way all my life.  I
thought other people could see them too and just thought "well, I guess
they are supposed to work that way".  Needless to say I leave my office
for about 10 mins every hour just to rest my eyes.

All lighting in my home office is soft incandescent, shaded, and behind my
work area.  I l-o-v-e working at home.  I can go 12 hours straight and not
even feel it.  Two hours in my office at $real_job and I want to thrust my
pencil in my eye sockets.