computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jun 19 12:06:43 CDT 2002

My objection was in pure flourescent light screen flicker bothers me
more, as the flourescents beat against refresh rate.  It wasn't color
that bothered me.  I don't mind flourescents in non-CRT environments,
but I do find my eyes get more tired, and I tend to get more headaches
if reading by flourescent light.  I am quite fond of standard
tungsten/halogen, but they need to run hot to get good bulb life, which
doesn't help cool a computer room.

Tim