[rescue] quiet SPARCstation

Katherine Strojny kstrojny at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 18 20:51:56 CDT 2002

(The copy of my post that I got back from the list did not include
the last paragraphs, so I'm including them here.  Sorry if this part's
a repeat.)

Sort of on the same topic, does anybody know what the silicone-sealant-like
substance is called that you run into when you open up a power supply?  It
looks like it's placed strategically to damp vibrations a/o keep things in
place.  I had to remove some when extricating the pigtail on the PS fan
that I plan to replace.  If noise reduction is my goal and if that's what
the silicone-like stuff is there for, I should be ready to replace that
too.

Thanks.

-k