[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Jun 18 16:50:49 CDT 2002

>  Speaking of which...there are some very large Xilinx FPGA pulls on
>eBay right now.  My budget (and my lacking FPGA experience) doesn't
>currently support blowing $100 on a desoldered chip, but the point is
>the bigger ones are available.

Careful...inexpensive tool support gets to be an issue with older and larger
devices.  Xilinx WebPack will do up to a 300k gate Spartan IIE , and you can
find eval boards from places such as Insight and NuHorizons (including PCI variants)
for $100-$300, excluding the PCI IP core.

A good site to browse on this topic is:
http://www.fpgacpu.org/

newell