[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jun 18 14:51:20 CDT 2002

  Yeah...what he said. :)

> One question--why FPGA?  A small ARM or MIPS based embedded CPU would seem to
> be a better fit, but then again, I'm a LISP idiot.

  The Dallas DS80C390 is a fast 8051-core microcontroller with a fat
address space and a nice, easily-accessible 32-bit FPU tacked onto the
side.  It might make an ideal processor for something like this.
Development tools are easily (and freely) available, and it's cheap.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar