[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Jun 18 15:31:54 CDT 2002

>Well, I probably should use an HP sometime.  I've only used TIs and
>Casios, and my comments are based on what I wish for instead.

Look at it this way--having used just TI and Casio crap, you've got no preconcieved
notion of what a _real_ calc is all about.  You're working from a clean sheet
of paper, so you just might hit on something fresh and interesting.

I hardly ever program my HP-48, but I never thought it was LISP based.  A Forth
variant would have been my guess.  I was also under the assumption that HP had
traditionally used stack-machine CPUs in their calcs, along with BCD math.

One question--why FPGA?  A small ARM or MIPS based embedded CPU would seem to
be a better fit, but then again, I'm a LISP idiot.

newell