[rescue] Sick Dreamcast hacker

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Tue Jun 18 13:53:58 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:53:27PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 01:07:32PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   I'm very much interested...
>
> OK, here is the first very crude draft.
>
> OK, ignoring the pen based idea for the time being[1], we need to
> figure out how best to combine the operating modes of a traditional
> calculator, and a lisp[2] machine.  While we are at it, some people would
> probably appreciate a postfix mode, ala HP calculators.

Okay- given that RPN is More traditional than EOS for calculators:

It sounds like you are talking about compbining an hp41 with and hp48 and adding a multitasking os (an assumtion based on the observation that otherwise you are describing an hp48 with a different version of lisp than is installed?). Which is *exactly* what I want. (So I'm probably interpreting your actual idea to suit myself)

except, I want the size of a 41/42 or maybe the clamshell 28. I don't like the form factor of the 48 (and ti crap).

1: in addition to lisp (which hps use a version of- RPL), a functional keybased programming (like the 32sii, 20s, 42s, etc) interpreter would be nice. *Incredibly* intuitive and fast for quick programs.

2: I'm not sure abut mixing prefix and postfix. I'd prefer to keep posfix as it translates to actual manual entries in the calculator better,IMO.