[rescue] Old SunOS

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Jun 18 10:50:26 CDT 2002

Paul Khoury wrote:

> >> Does anyone have old SunOS images other than the ones
> >> on sun3arc.org?
> >
> >Yes.
> >
> >I have a box of OLD original distro tapes.  I'm pretty sure they go back at
> >least to sun2.
> >

> >Who has the drives (QIC 60?), knowhow and dedication to rescue this?   f
> >there is sufficuent interest, I'll track down the box (we just moved) and
> >post an inventory.
> >

> >There is NO rush, I've had then for a while, and they ain't going
> >anywhere....
> >

> I have a working Sun 2/120 with 7MB of RAM, but no SCSI card, and
> I think my tape drives have bad rollers.
>
> Anyone else?

I have a pair of 3/80s (one running with 4.0.3) and original tapes of
4.0.3. I have been able to copy the tapes, and boot and install from
them, too. I have some 60M 1/4" tapes, some 120M tapes and three or so
working 1/4" drives.

I don't know if the tapes will boot a Sun 2 or not, though...
--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com