[rescue] Old SunOS

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Tue Jun 18 01:38:59 CDT 2002

I'm sure we can find whatever drives are needed (I've got
several QIC60 drives).  I'll even throw up a site to host them.

If the tapes are ok, and you have the right drive, it should
be as simple as dd'ing all the tape files to disk:

mt -f /dev/nrst0 rewind

dd if=/dev/nrst0 bs=8192 of=file1
dd if=/dev/nrst0 bs=8192 of=file2
and so on until dd transfers 0 blocks.

(or replace with your own favorite method).

KL