[rescue] best NetBSD support

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Jun 17 17:25:09 CDT 2002

> > Again, since the problem is known the the NetBSD/VAX developers,
> > there's no need to file since the people that can fix it know about
> > it.
>
> Wrong.  If it's not in GNATS then nobody else knows "officially" about
> it, and certainly no volunteer looking for something to do can find it
> and learn what the issue is.  Note I also looked at closed PRs when I
> did my search....

If the developers know about it, then they know about it.  No
about of whining about GNATS on your part changes that.

> Indeed the apparent lack of information about this problem in both the
> GNATS DB and on the web pages, in conjunction with the weird and
> conflicting reports about this issue on various mailing lists make me
> think one word:  myth.

When I see a NetBSD/VAX developer acknowledge to someone with
corrupted firmware on a 4000/90 that the corruption is a known
issue, then I *KNOW* one word:  True.

I've never seen anyone attribute this problem to anything
but NetBSD/VAX.  You may not believe it, but I really don't
care.

> > I am.  I am warning people of a possible problem.  If you don't
> > like that, too bad.
>
> No, you're whining about unsubstantiated things that apparently you're
> not even willing to go on record about.

I don't need to go on record, since others have.  Stating the
truth is not whining.  Other than the fact that perfectly
good 4000/90 systems have been killed, I don't care about
NetBSD/VAX.

I'm not going to discuss this with you any more.  From other
threads, I know discussing anything with you is like talking
to a brick wall.  So say what you like in response, I'm not
going to read it or respond to it.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net