[rescue] OS2-ish kinda Q (S-390 HMC box)

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Mon Jun 17 17:22:26 CDT 2002

Hi all --
If this were a vanilla situation, the question would be:

How tweakable are the 100bTX parms (speed/duplex/autonegotiation) under
OS2/Warp?  IBM box, IBM ethernet card.

The twist is that it's a Hardware Maintenance Console for a 390, and as
such has to follow big blue's rules.  And it's not necessarily 100%
vanilla Warp.

Some of the symptoms look a lot like a duplex mismatch.  Right now
the switch it's plugged into (cat-3500) is set to auto.  We've had
enough grief over the years with different implementations of the
autonegotiation algorithm that we tend to hard-code when possible.

Anyone been down this road?  Sridhar?
TIA,
-ls-