[rescue] best NetBSD support

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Jun 17 14:21:52 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, June 17, 2002 at 14:43:18 (-0400), Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] best NetBSD support
>
> but I don't think it is unreasonable to think they should not call a
> system supported if it does not actually function as advertised.  Hell,
> at the very least because someone who might have the knowledge to complete
> a port wouldn't apply their time there because "it's already supported".

You must be very careful not to make assumptions.  If you read the full
details in the documentation and other related sources instead of simply
assuming what "supported" means you'll learn to what extent a given
machine might be functional.

If you understand the goals of The NetBSD Foundation (which are
published on their web site) you'll also be less likely to make bad
assumptions about what an operating system should do.

--
								Greg A. Woods