[rescue] best NetBSD support

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jun 17 13:43:18 CDT 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 14:03:26 (-0400), George Adkins wrote: ]

> > *Sigh* My complaint is not that the volunteers haven't jumpped up and "met my
> > demands", it's that the (dis)organization of NetBSD developers produces a
> > dozen half-baked ports and has the unmitigated gall to call the archetecture
> > "supported" so that they can stick another feather in their cap...  and then
> > run off to port it to the latest variety of Nintendo to hit the market.

> Your statement above confirms that you are
> in fact complaining that the volunteers have not jumped up and met your
> demands.  If you don't want a nintendo port then don't pay for one and
> don't work for one.  However you have no _right_ whatsoever to even
> mention any dismay that others may have done such work.  If you want
> them to do your work then you must put your money and/or your time where
> your mouth is.  T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

I suppose your criticism of his criticism of the Nintendo port is valid,
but I don't think it is unreasonable to think they should not call a
system supported if it does not actually function as advertised.  Hell,
at the very least because someone who might have the knowledge to complete
a port wouldn't apply their time there because "it's already supported".

--Kurt