[rescue] Solaris 9 U1, U5 (was regarding bulk lot purchases (Octanes & Ultras))

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 16 14:59:20 CDT 2002

On June 16, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> as for java.  *nothhing* runs java well.  it's just as bad as perl. ;)

  Untrue.  It does take a LARGE amount of horsepower, though, but it
gives you a whole lot back for it.  Sridhar and I (mostly Sridhar)
have put together a fairly large application in a matter of a couple
of months that would have taken many person-years of effort in pretty
much any other language.

  I used to dislike Java.  Now that I've *really* seen what it can do,
it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.  Just keep it away
from web browsers and all will be well.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar