[rescue] Solaris 9 U1, U5 (was regarding bulk lot purchases (Octanes & Ultras))

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 16 14:57:24 CDT 2002

On June 16, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Windows is the best platform available for Java right now.  Even Java3D
> runs respectably on Windows.  There's something really ironic about this,
> but I just can't see what. :)

  Uhh, what?  Java is a complete piece of shit under Windows.  The
threading is laughable at best.  Sridhar and I have been doing a LARGE
AMOUNT of Java development under MacOS X, Windows, AIX, and Solaris.
MacOS X and Solaris, in that order, are arguably (and by far) the best
development and execution platforms for Java.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                       "*BURRRP!*  Mmm...tastes like cannoli,
St. Petersburg, FL                    smells like garlic!" -Sridhar