[rescue] best NetBSD support

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Jun 15 23:00:50 CDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 11:23:45PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Saturday, June 15, 2002 at 22:09:38 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> > Subject: [rescue] best NetBSD support
> >
> > Outside of intel based machines, what is the best supported, currently
> > being produced, machine and/or platform for NetBSD?
>
> In the server category, or workstation?

Feel free to discuss which ever.

Personally, I doubt I would choose NetBSD for a workstation unless the
graphics available on it where so old that NetBSD took full advantage
of them.  Like perhaps the GX boards...

> > I suspect the answer might be Dec Alphas...
>
> ... or an Apple G4

Wow.  NetBSD support appears to be amazingly up to date.  Does anyone
know if things like libdv have been ported?

Still, if I had a G4, it would be an OSX machine, not a NetBSD one.

> about the only other choice are sparc64 machines and I don't know how
> well supported you might consider them to be (though the 1.6-BETA is
> working on a lot more models)....

If I were actually about to do it, I'd be asking how stable 1.6 BETA is.

--
Joshua D. Boyd