[rescue] Axil-255?

Katherine Strojny kstrojny at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 15 19:16:51 CDT 2002

Just some followup regarding Axil-255 mem config, for anyone interested.  I
had emailed the folks at Rave Computer Assoc, and they were kind enough to
get back to me with a few manual pages for Axilerate.  In short:

1)  The mem config for banks 0 + 1 (30-pin) that Jeremy helped me figure
out was correct.  (Of course.)  It takes 1MX9 or 4MX9 DSIMMs.

2)  Manual says the third bank consists of *both* of the 72-pin slots,
which take 1, 2, 4 or 8 MB DSIMMs (1|2|4|8MX36,  Axil|Sun 1|2|4|8MX33),
with different jumper settings for X33 depending on whether parity uses
high byte (Sun) or low byte (Axil).

3) Mem must be 80ns or faster (70ns or faster for 110 MHz CPU).  Jumper
settings here too.  My jumper labels and the manual's appear to differ
slightly.

-k