[rescue] Axil-255? (was "Looking: Manual for SPARCstation 1+")

Jeremy RJ Towers jeremytowers at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 15:06:34 CDT 2002

Hi,

The Axil-255 was an SS5 clone that would fit into the SS 1/2 chassis.
 Probably this is why you thought it was an SS1+ , most  likely this is
the label on the front..

I looked at the memconf utility here

http://listproc.ucdavis.edu/archives/unix-admins/log0005/att-0003/01-memconf.script

and it shows:

if ($model eq "SPARCstation-5" | $model eq "micro COMPstation 5" | $model =~ /Axil-255/) {
        # Accepts 8MB and 32MB SIMMs on motherboard
        $untested = 0;
        $simmrangex = "02000000";
        $simmbanks = 8;
        $simmsperbank = 1;
        @simmsizes = (8,32);
        @socketstr = ("J0300","J0301","J0302","J0303","J0400","J0401","J0402","J0403");
        @bankstr = (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7);
        if ($model =~ /Axil-255/) {
                $bannermore = "SPARCstation 5 clone";
                $modelmore = "SPARCstation 5 clone";

You should simplify the board as much as possible, the memory is added one at a time. Start with only the working 32mB module.

HTH

Jeremy