[rescue] regarding bulk lot purchases (Octanes & Ultras)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sat Jun 15 12:58:27 CDT 2002

I know you are all smart and experienced and saavy people (any women on
this list _at all_??)..

So here are simply a few unnecessary thoughts: Some is mere speculation,
and I dont want ot discourage the group from a fantastic buy ! Just think
it through, and expect the worst.

1) Where is this stuff? (A: MI)  How much will freight be?  Who will
*properly* palletize this? (GE? I dont think so !) Who will receive it?
dock-hi available?

2) Warranty? I dont think so.. Figure in mis-IDes-DOA-stripped %
2b)  We _are_ talking potentially alot of $  DO AN INSPECTIONM! PAY someone
smart to GO if necessary!

3) What is time worth?

4) What is REAL market.. Ultra 1s are going for 125.. Octanes for 400..
known working, or even NEW (sitting lost in warehouses as extras)

5) GE Assets / Leasing has _NEVER_ been thought of as *cheap*.. I cant
imagine this is a guaranteed to highest low bid. It may very well have a
reserve on it.

6) In general, I;d be thinking .. half?? less??  of street. If an Ultra 1
can be had for 150..  think 75

7) LOTS (sorry for pun) of info on the GE site READ IT! Not unusual at all,
but just like many contracts.. they win  you lose.. its THEIR contract !

TERMS "No warranties express or implied.."
SALE METHOD  "...reviewed by seller for final decision"  and
//particilants.. informed.. free to resubmit.. // ie.. *lots* of
encouragement  & bid pumping  also: "final right of refusal on all offers"
"based upon their own criteria"

8) But yes.. its a tingly adrenaline kind of auction!!

Les

http://geasset.adbsys.com/Application/Storefronts/Event.asp?EventCode=GECOMP
EVENT7&TraderCode=EventManager1&

http://geasset.adbsys.com/Application/StaticFiles/CustomerService.asp?Vendor
Id=E253FAC2%2D1E27%2D4C10%2D9E7C%2DA21D9F9B9C5F&EventId=C3DDF274%2DAE4B%2D4D
48%2D8BA1%2DB4FF538F14B5

This Special Offering of computer equipment is presented under an exciting
 Special Internet Sales Event Format. This format is one whereby all
 participants in the bidding process will be immediately informed as to their
 position relative to the high-offer. The participant is free to resubmit
additional offers to maintain their position throughout the event. If your
offer stands as best when the event closes, it will be reviewed by the
Seller for final decision. Should another buyer exceed your offer during
this event, you will be informed via email per the Registration info you
supplied. At that point, you are encouraged to resubmit your new offer.

 Thank you for your participation in this event! Important: The Seller reserves
 the right to select the winning bids based upon their own criteria, and
has final right of refusal on all offers. Please refer to Terms and
Condition of Sale.

To arrange for inspections, all interested parties are encouraged to contact:

 Tim Sturzenegger
 Novastar Solutions
 14701 Keel Street
 Plymouth, MI 48170