[rescue] SGI 480/S Rescue

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 15 12:17:50 CDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 12:16:03PM -0400, Huntress Gary B NPRI wrote:
> Today I stumbled upon an SGI 480/S Power Series III in the hallway with a
> "dispose" sticker on it. (at first I thought it was a new Coke machine!)
> I understand it is an 8 way R3000 system.  Is there any chance that this
> will run any version of linux?  My initial research indicates no.

No, but grab it anyway.  Nice machines.  Check out:

http://antero.reputable.com/~skywriter/
http://antero.reputable.com/~skywriter/skywriter/index.html

Look for "skywriter" or "mrnutty" in #sgi on EfNet, he's the "man to know"
when it comes to these boxes.

If nothing else, he'll probably buy it off you. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net