[rescue] SGI 480/S Rescue

Huntress Gary B NPRI HuntressGB at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Sat Jun 15 11:16:03 CDT 2002

Reposting, (I don't think my original made it because I was not a list member)

I was directed here by a friend on #redhat (irc.openprojects.net).

Today I stumbled upon an SGI 480/S Power Series III in the hallway with a "dispose" sticker on it. (at first I thought it was a new Coke machine!)

I understand it is an 8 way R3000 system.  Is there any chance that this will run any version of linux?  My initial research indicates no.

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Code 4113
Naval Undersea Warfare Center