[rescue] AlphaAerver Memory Q ..4th post and last

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Jun 10 22:45:05 CDT 2002

Doh!.. I get it ! This is OLD info c 98? 96? 95??

NEW NEW NEW.. SDRAM ! (thats Synchronous DRAM) !! Latest from the techno
think tanks !!!

"
 Memory Technology
The synchronous memory used on the 128-Mbyte option is
new to the industry. Synchronous DRAMs afford high per -formance,
so even with the smallest amount of memory, the
full memory bandwidth is available. For reads the bandwidth
is 948 MB/sec, and for writes 853 MB/sec. All interleaving
is internal to the DRAM.
The asynchronous EDO memory is a refinement of earlier
DRAM technology. The bandwidth of the asynchronous
memory requires one extra clock tick of latency, which
results in only a 5 to 6 percent difference from the bandwidth
attained with synchonous DRAMs. With EDO DRAMs the
bandwidth is 853 MB/sec for both reads and writes. The
highest density memory modules are implemented using the
64-megabit EDO DRAMs.
"

I'm finding answers as I think of them.. sorry

"
Memory Options
Each memory option consists of two identical modules. Each
drawer supports up to either two or four memory options, for
a total of 4 or 8 gigabytes of memory. Memory options are
supported in the following sizes:
 128 Mbytes
 512 Mbytes
 1 Gbyte
 2 Gbytes
The 128-Mbyte option is implemented with synchronous
DRAM technology, while the larger sizes are EDO
technology.
"