[rescue] O2

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Sun Jun 9 11:24:17 CDT 2002

> I was wondering if anyone knows if the O2's video output is weird in any
> way. I have mine hooked up to a NEC MultiSync E900 and it is really green.
> I thought it might be some kind of sync on green thing, but I haven't heard
> of this. I tried it on a Dell Trinitron 19" at work and I get the same thing.

 Yes, you are having sync-on-green trouble. The O2 (as with most SGI
workstations) puts out both composite (normal) and Sync-on-Green. If your
monitor can't handle SOG, it will use composite sync, but the SOG will cause a
higher voltage to be present on the green-channel. because of this your screen
will be a bit greener than normal.

 The solution is to turn off SOG with setmon, the precise syntax is mentioned
in the man-pages for setmon somewhere.

 Michiel