[rescue] O2

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jun 9 07:36:42 CDT 2002

Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> Nothing like replying to my own message, but where do you go to get software
> for IRIX? It has Netscape 4.7 on it and I would really like to get Mozilla
> on it, but mozilla.org doesn't list IRIX.
>
> Is their anything like sunhelp.org for sgi/irix?

http://freware.sgi.com
there's also
http://oss.sgi.com
for all your SGI-sponsered open source initiatives (like Mozilla).  It
it Unix, so most anything will comile if you have patience to hack at it
(and make the linker and compiler work).

> And my god, no wonder why IRIX has a bad rap for security. On top of not
> requiring a root password, everything is turned on by default.

Yes - one must take care when placing Irix into production, just as one
should take great care when placing any OS into production.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com