[rescue] Octane question

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Fri Jun 7 21:19:35 CDT 2002

Hi y'all,

Well the Octane from the 'states finally turned up yesterday (yay!).  I
checked everything visually, then dragged it into the study and under the
desk, stole the 13W3 plug from the Ultra 2 and plugged it all in.

It seemed to fire up OK, but gave a power supply error.  Strange.

Hit the power button to turn it off, wait a few seconds and fire it up
again, no errors.  Hmmm.

I decided not to power it off again, so I ran full diagnostics, no
errors.  Good, I think.

It's been power cycled another couple of times, no more errors reported.

Any chance this was caused by the auto-switch from 120V to 240V, or is it
symptomatic of a more significant problem?

Rob.

PS. I still haven't decided if I'll keep it or sell it.  Seems much
snappier than the R5k O2, but it's cost me four times as much.