[rescue] Sigh

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jun 7 10:44:35 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:26:20AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:30:38AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > We'll see how things go.  I was trying to put together a finacial plan
> > for the coming 9 months, but there are a lot of uncertain things in
> > it that make it hard to plan well.  For instance, they are talking
> > about tuition increases for the fall of $500 or more, etc.  And I want
> > to ask my girl friend to marry me soon, and that will take a lot of
> > money to have a wedding, but I have no clue what it would actually
> > be.  And so on.
>
> Not necessarily.  We did our ENTIRE thing - wedding, honeymoon, travel,
> etc, for a total of $3500 (and could have made it cheaper if we'd wanted).

Ahem.  Student here.  $3500 is a lot of money.  It's more than I've
spent on my car, and its more than sum of what I've spent on computers
the past 3 years (probably a lot more than 3 years actually).

It is not more than what I spend on tuition in a year, though it is
more than I spend on tuition in a semester.  But I don't remeber ever
hearing that the groom was expected to pay for the entire wedding
himself.  Especially if the bride is out of school, living with her
parents, and working full time (which she isn't, but she probably will
be in a week or two since her old job wants her back).

--
Joshua D. Boyd