[rescue] Re: Sparcstation 1+ unable to detect keyboard, "stock" OS for SS 1+ and Classic?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Jun 6 08:16:39 CDT 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Matthew Braun wrote:

> /me decloaks

I was trying to figure out what a "dec loak" is... sigh, too early for me.

> The problem is that my SS 1+ does not seem to detect any attached keyboard;

This one I can't answer, so I'll leave it for someone else.

> Also, what would be the best versions of SunOS / Solaris to put on the
> 1+ and my new Classic (a freebie with Sun Camera and Soundbox)? I have
> media for SunOS 4.1.1 but I'm not sure if that's what these systems
> were expected to run. I know the Classic can support Solaris 8, but
> I'm not planning on doing much work with these; rather, I'd like to
> set them up to duplicate how they might have been used "back in the
> day".

Oooh, SunCamera. I have one, but no SunVideo card for it. :(

I think SunOS 4.1.4 (a.k.a. Solaris 1.1.2) would be your best bet for
these as a combination of historical accuracy and functionality and
stability.

--Rob