[rescue] Must have peripherals [was Re: worth it for the disks?]

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 31 20:50:28 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:45:47PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On July 31, Scott Newell wrote:
> > OK, so what other peripherals (especially older stuff that's now cheap on
> > the surplus market) are people really fond of?  I'm a big fan of the clicky
> > IBM model M keyboards, and I suspect I'm gonna love this Laserjet 4si once
> > I get everything lined out.
>
>   I'm big on output devices.  My favorites are a Tektronix Phaser 550
> for color raster output, an Apple Laserwriter 16/600PS for mono
> output, and an HP 7550A HPGL pen plotter for color vector output.

Output and input devices for me.  I have a pair of wacoms that are
great.  I'd love, absolutely love, a phantom desktop unit.  I want to
make a DIY pen plotter someday (perhaps by taking an existing large
format one and modifying it) that could handle real paint brushes and
paint.  I don't actually have any cool output devices :(.

And lets not for get SDI video IO, and SDI monitors (again toys I
don't have).

--
Joshua D. Boyd