[rescue] Must have peripherals [was Re: worth it for the disks?]

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 31 20:45:47 CDT 2002

On July 31, Scott Newell wrote:
> OK, so what other peripherals (especially older stuff that's now cheap on
> the surplus market) are people really fond of?  I'm a big fan of the clicky
> IBM model M keyboards, and I suspect I'm gonna love this Laserjet 4si once
> I get everything lined out.

  I'm big on output devices.  My favorites are a Tektronix Phaser 550
for color raster output, an Apple Laserwriter 16/600PS for mono
output, and an HP 7550A HPGL pen plotter for color vector output.

  For keyboards I'm currently using an Apple Pro keyboard, but I also
like Happy Hackers as well as the later-series SGI granite PS/2
keyboards.  I also agree with your preference for the IBM clicky
keyboards, I like them a lot.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "...it's all pants, all the time."
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Joshua Boyd