[rescue] worth it for the disks?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 31 15:00:54 CDT 2002

My first real "engineer" job was servicing high speed imaging systems. At
the time I left the company we had ours up to 120 pages/minute or 240
"sides" per minute for double sided source documents.

The biggest problem we had was moving paper that fast, and we owned the
patents to do it (perforated belt conveyors over vacuum tables). How do they
move that much paper that fast? We were never able to get much faster.

That job was also my first and only patent (or I should say the company
patented an idea I had on the job). A lossless method of de-skewing images
in RAM.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751